Positioning patients for ERCP

Home Forums Moving people – techniques Positioning patients for ERCP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gillm
    Participant

Hi everyone
    Our Enterology staff are experiencing difficulty moving people who are sedated or unable to assist moving from the Swimmer’s position back onto the stretcher or bed, post ERCP.
    We would like to know how this is done in other DHBs.
    Any useful equipment or techniques that you know of would be extremely helpful.
    Many thanks
    Mary
    Waitemata DHB

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by mike.
    Kate Edmond

Do you need to prone them? If so the hovermatt is wonderful for this. I would recommend getting Fletcher Suckling from Active Health Care to show you how.

Gillm
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestion Kate. We have a proning policy using the Hovermatt for Theatres however this is not always the correct position for the procedure-more the Swimmer’s position ( i.e. one arm above the head the other at the side) The difficulty arises when staff need to transfer the patient back their own bed while sedated.
    Cheers
    Mary

Angela Greetham
    Keymaster

My recommendation would be to use the pat slide and 2 slide sheets but I suppose you have already tried this Mary?
    Thanks,
    Angela

Gillm
    Participant

Thanks Angela
    They already use the PAT slide with 2 slide sheets and we are looking at alternative use of two Hovermatts as in Ara Cho’s Auckland presentation at the Roadshow
    Cheers Mary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.