In bed systems – slide sheets with handles

Home Forums Equipment Ideas and Challenges In bed systems – slide sheets with handles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jessie Snowdon
    Participant

Hi everyone, Happy Friday! I attended Deborah Harrison’s workshop the other month and have managed to track down via Morton and Perry a similar product to what she used which is the in bed system of a base sheet that is fitted with a four way top sheet that has a “slide sheet” component but stays in bed. Previously the brand I’d seen was the Wendylett but this Immedia brand also has handles so can be used with a hoist for turning and positioning. Have fallen in love with this concept after the training day and just wonder how often you use them in the ‘real world’. Are there areas currently using the in bed system with handles with hoists? I am imagining it would mostly be used in the community and maybe palliative at this stage? Love to hear what’s going on in NZ! Thanks 🙂

Debra Peters

Hi Jessie
    Sounds really useful and easy.
    In short, we are a Community Provider. Our funders do not supply slide sheets. I understand that these are not regarded as’essential’ equipment for Clients we support at home. Some do source and buy their own and our Support Workers will use them ( they have training on how to use slide sheets).
    We support the ease and use of them, and have used the s/sheets with handles – much easier and should be standard when moving people in bed, in DHB’s, resthomes and community homes.

Jessie Snowdon
    Participant

Hi Debra, oh thats really interesting. We are in Christchurch and one of the community DHB OT’s told us that she gets in bed systems via Enable. We work privately so can’t comment from our point of view as don’t do Enable equipment (other than basics) but that’s an interesting difference. Where are you based?

Debra Peters

I should have said we are in Northland. There could very well be different provisions depending on DHB.

Marion Fletcher
    Participant

HI,
    I have asked an OT successfully to source these through enable in the Waikato area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.