Bariatric Ceiling hoists and beds

Home Forums Equipment Ideas and Challenges Bariatric Ceiling hoists and beds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eleanor Barrett
    Keymaster

In our Hospice new build we are planning 2 rooms designed to cope with larger patients. We are considering which type of ceiling hoist to use – it will be wall mounted not ceiling fixed and it cannot be build in to the walls due to sound insulation limitations. I would like to ask if anyone has information to share about the positives of particular systems. If anyone wishes to privately share any negative experiences you can email me at eleanor.barrett@teomanga.org.nz
    We will also need to consider suitable beds – any recommendations?
    Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    Eleanor

Angela Greetham
    Keymaster

Hi Eleanor,
    I have forward your request to Nathan, manager Active healthcare, we use their ceiling hoists for large clients and are fit for purpose,
    the Guldman range are the best I have used, quality and safety are paramount in their design,
    thanks,
    Angela

Anne McMahon
    Participant

I would go out to tender Eleanor and see what any of the suppliers can provide, its also a good way to get some ideas around room design.

Eleanor Barrett
    Keymaster

Thanks we have asked for tenders from suppliers, but want I really want to know from members is the good the bad and the ugly – But privately not for everyone to see! Please let me know if you have an opinion and what the problems have been so we don’t make a mistake! Thanks

Angela Greetham
    Keymaster

I would recommend guldmam hoists we have had no problems with them and very good service from the company, staff are happy too just google them,
    Cheers angela

Jo Graham
    Participant

Hi Eleanor
    We to have thew Guldmann ceiling hoists and they are great- come and see them any time

Jo

Jo Graham
    Participant

Hi Eleanor
    We to have thew Guldmann ceiling hoists and they are great- come and see them any time

Jo
    Mary Potter Hospice

Hi Everybody,
    Just letting people know the new Bariatric ceiling hoist from Molift will be available very soon. Safe working load of 500kg on a single motor, it does have some significant other advantages over smaller motor or double motor ceiling hoists. Please do get in touch if you would like to know more. There is quite a bit happening in the Molift range regards overhead hoisting, so if your organisation does have a need please add Morton&Perry to your supplier information requests.

Megan Ransley
    Physiotherapist.
    Megan@mortonperry.co.nz
    Morton&Perry.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.